TOURIST AND BUSINESS VISA
In order to apply for business visa, in addition to the documents required for tourist visa, you need to provide the following documents (other documents may be requested): (1) Invitation letter; (2) Flight booking.
Please note the on-line visa service websites are not authorised and unable to provide business visa.
For people staying in the Republic of Ireland, you can apply for a loose leaf visa which does not require you to hand in your passport, we will send you your visa by post. (Loose leaf visa is a document with your personal details and travel date, it must be presented with your passport upon arrival).
• Passport must be at least ONE MONTH valid prior to your proposed date of exit from Viet Nam (ex. Visa issued for 01st – 30th March, 2016, passport expiration date must be from 30th April, 2016 onwards).
• Photo must NOT be taken more than one year ago.
• Check all information on the visa once received (especially passport number and visa date). Any error must be notified immediately and BEFORE your departure. The Embassy will NOT take any responsibility when visa problems arise upon arriving in Viet Nam and there will be no refund and compensation of applicable fees.
• The Embassy may request further supporting documents and will contact the applicant when necessary. The processing of applications with further supporting documents needed may take longer time.
How to apply
• Required documents:
1. Application form (Click to download WORD VERSION or PDF VERSION)
2. Scanned copy of the photo page of valid passport
3. A completed photo & address form, click here to download. The photo must be in colour, size 4x6 or 3.5x5.5
4. Proof of fee payment by bank transfer (screenshot of transaction or receipt)
• All required documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:30 pm in order for approved visa to be posted on the next working day. Please mention in your email which type of service and posting you opt for.
• Applications made after 12:30pm on Friday and during the weekend will be processed on the next working day
• Successful email application will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours
• More than one visa may be returned in the same envelope
• Visas are returned by International Tracked and Signed or DHL (different postage charge)
• Visa fees vary according to the type of visa and length of stay. Please email: email@example.com (subject: "Loose leaf fee enquiry - Your name - Ireland" for quick reply)
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you do not receive visa after 10 working days since receiving confirmation email
Other important information:
• Online visa: As the Embassy cannot confirm the reliability of online visa services offered by many companies on the Internet, it is strongly recommended that travellers obtain suitable visas before entering Vietnam. The Embassy of Viet Nam in London is the sole competent authority to issue visa to Viet Nam in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Fraudulently issued visa will be refused entry and fee is not refundable.
There have been reported cases of fraudulence and personal data theft when applying for online visa and cases of entry refusal on arrival when these types of online visa are applied through bogus/un-recognised websites with no connections to the Embassy. The Embassy cannot verify the validity of such visa and cannot provide assistances to travellers in case they are refused entry while using these types of visa.
In order to avoid any risks of personal data theft or losses through fraudulent use of credit/debit cards, travelers are strongly recommended not to provide personal information on untrusted websites.
• Visa will be valid from the DATE OF ENTRY (provided in the application form) and extend for 30 days or 90 days depending on the type of visa. You can enter Viet Nam on and after the DATE OF ENTRY and must leave before the visa expires.
• Visa procedure for children are the same as for adults if the children have their own passports. Children who are included in parents’ passports do not need separate visas and are not charged with applicable fees. However, their names must be stated in their parents application form with one accompanying photograph for each child. The parents must sign the applications on behalf of children under 14 years old.
• Amendments of the visa can be done only when the visa is still valid. Email email@example.com for necessary instruction.
• Applicable fees are for processing your application and the entry clearance decision-making service, not for the guaranteed delivery of a visa, therefore you will not be entitled to a refund should your application for entry to Viet Nam be refused
• In most cases you do not need a visa to enter/re-enter Viet Nam if you do not cross passport control when catching connecting flights. Please double check carefully with your travel agencies and airlines for specific requirements at your transit airports. This information cannot be confirmed by the Embassy
• The visa process is not bound to your travel plan. Please do not purchase air tickets/holiday packages to Viet Nam before you obtain a visa or you can be sure to obtain visa on time
• The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage of documents not required by us
• The Embassy is not responsible for any loss or damage of your passport and visa whilst being handled by post office or courier companies
• The Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation and information from the applicant and to refuse any visa application
12-14 Victoria Road, London W8 5RD
Tel: 020 7937 1912
Fax: 0207 565 3853
0207 937 6108
Monday to Friday 9:30 to 12:30 and 15:30 to 17:30
Opening hours: 09:30 to 12:30 (Monday to Friday)
Fax: 0207 937 6108
0207 937 6108