A non-Vietnamese citizen, seeking to get married to a Vietnamese national, may submit in person or by mail his/her file of required documents for marriage registration to the Embassy of Viet Nam in London for authentication before taking them to Viet Nam for subsequent procedures.
Documents to be authenticated by the Embassy:
A Regular Dossier Includes:
- - Application for Marriage Registration in Viet Nam
- - Affidavit of Marital Status will be sworn in front of a notary public within the last six months certifying that no marriage license or marriage record of the applicant has been found for the period from the beginning of legal age for marriage to date.
- - Medical Certificate issued by an authorized medical organization confirming that the applicant has no mental illnesses, or has a mental problem but not to the extent of losing consciousness of his/her own actions.
- - Photocopy of the photo and signature pages of the Passport.
For Divorced and Widowed Applicants: In addition to the above-listed documents,
- - Divorcees are required to submit the Divorce Decree after it has been certified by a Notary Public, and subsequently authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Widows are to submit a photocopy of Death Certificate of the previous spouse after it has been certified by a Notary Public or and subsequently authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
12-14 Victoria Road, London W8 5RD
Tel: 020 7937 1912
Fax: 0207 565 3853
0207 937 6108
Monday to Friday 9:30 to 12:30 and 15:30 to 17:30
Opening hours: 09:30 to 12:30 (Monday to Friday)
Fax: 0207 937 6108
0207 937 6108